1. I am not rich by commonly accepted definitions, but I am thankful for what I have, and thankful that my life isn't any harder than it is.
2. I am my own worst enemy.
3. I do not own any gold jewelry, coins or lamé.
4. I am interviewing an owner of a "we buy your gold" business on Wednesday.
5. I have never purchased anything from a pawn shop, to the best of my recollection. Perhaps I did once and just don't remember doing it.
6. Pawn shops are perfect examples of what is wrong with society.
7. I own very little that a pawn shop would pay me $5 or more for.
8. I collected comic books in the 1980s, baseball cards too. It was better than spending my money on cigarettes, but almost all of my comics and cards are worthless to me, and worthless to most others, too.
9. Growing up my favorite baseball player was Carlton Fisk.