1. At 6 p.m. New Year's Eve 2009 I was flying into New Orleans for my first visit to the Big Easy.
2. I cannot remember what I did to ring in the new year two years ago, and it is bothering me. I had trouble remembering it last year, too.
3. I doubt you could convince me it's a good idea to hang out at Times Square for six hours prior to the new year. I want no part of that action.
4. I celebrated the passing of 2010 at my buddy's house. It wasn't a party, it was just a few of us hanging out, watching TV. That was good enough for me.
5. If I'm ever going to join the masses in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve, I'd better do it soon.
6. Watching Dick Clark ring in the new year is painful.
7. Donny and Marie couldn't land a better gig for New Year's Eve 2010 than performing at Mystic Lake Casino in Minnesota.
8. At 8:30 a.m. Jan. 1, 2011, more than 1,000 people are expected to jump into a hole cut into the ice of Lake Minnetonka, west of Minneapolis. I've done it five times. I'm done with that.