Friday, October 26, 2007

Seven nights of Fonzie: Night 4

The “Seven nights of Fonzie” blogs are unedited before a live audience.

The problem with writing unedited blogs is that it exposes how lousy my writing can be when I try to let the thoughts flow freely. Sure, I back up mid-sentence and change my sentence structure, but once I’ve moved on, it’s too late. But making sausage ain’t exactly pretty.

I’ll be pretty busy most nights, beginning next week. In addition to my occasional weeknight newspaper assignments, I’ll be working harder than ever to find a new job. I look for a new job occasionally, but I have to find a new job soon. I’ve been told by more than one person that being unhappy with your employment situation has an influence upon other aspects of your life, and that’s logical.

My former co-worker, Keri, bounced around a bit since leaving our prestigious company a year ago. her first move wasn’t satisfying, so she tried something new. She ended up on a wild ride before finally landing a job that seemed unorthodox for her, but she’s very happy with it.

Sometimes I wonder why I haven’t made something happen, why I’ve penalized myself by toiling for the bastards that I do.

Moving to Minnetonka wasn’t what I was planning at the beginning of the year, but the experience has slowly helped me wake up and evaluate my choices, or lack thereof, in recent years. My life has improved since I moved in April, but not enough to make me happy. I’ve known for a long time that I’ve hit the point of diminishing returns at the newspaper, I wish I could turn back the clock, but I can’t. All I can do is ensure the bastards stop stealing from me.