Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Why we're all here

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know why I'm going to try to make a go of it with this blog.

As I noted recently, I wish I had a journal of our 18 annual camping trips. I have vague memories of our first trip, random memories of several others and distinct memories of 1996, 1998 and 2000, if I have my dates correct, (and I think I do.) But it would be nice to have a few notes from year to year that might remind us of things pictures don’t capture, pictures I haven’t taken in several years.

I don’t intend to use this blog as a place to file memories of my annual camping trips, details about my weekly and monthly bicycling totals or opinions about current events. I will probably write about all those things, but they won’t be the purpose for this blog.

My blog will simply be an excuse to write, be it something pointless and stupid, something personal or something I will want to look back upon years from now. (I’m not saving text files of these blogs, so I’m rather trusting that the content won’t simply disappear some day.)

I’m not concerned about building an audience, but I don’t hide this blog, either. I haven’t told Chip or Rush about it, but I have told one friend. I include a link to it at a site I post comments at, so perhaps somebody will stumble upon it, much the same way I stumbled upon D Cup’s blog, linked above as my favorite blog. For now I’m glad to be writing something periodically that isn’t work related.

Tonight, however, I’m not writing anything entertaining. It’s too late for that.

No comments: