Tuesday, May 5, 2009

24. 40 blogs in 41 nights (unedited)

I made it more than halfway before I forgot to write a blog.

I was actually thinking about it last night when I was sitting at my computer, but I didn't have a good topic to write about, and inspiration was lacking. So I started playing an online card game, and before you know it, I went to bed without thinking about it again. For some reason I realized my faux pas early this morning after I awoke. The mind works in mysterious ways.

Today is the one-year anniversary of the day my worthless belongings were moved into my current apartment. I had hoped to move in before Cinco de Mayo, but I couldn't get it scheduled on the Friday prior to Monday, May 5, 2008, in part because it was threatening to rain, and the company handling my smoke damage didn't want to deliver my crap if it was raining. I couldn't blame them.

So here I am, one year later, and life hasn't changed much. I'm still drifting aimlessly, and the more I write about it on this blog, the more it sounds like my only skill is self-loathing. I need to start being more hateful with this blog. OK, I jest, slightly.

I am excited for what my short-term future has in store for me, even if it isn't glamorous. I look forward to September like I never have before.

No comments: