Friday, May 8, 2009

26. 40 blogs in 42 nights (unedited)

After 24 in a row, I have missed two blogs in three nights.

I have learned that it is hard to find the inspiration to blog every single night when it becomes an obligation. I always have an idea in the back of my head, but that doesn't mean I have the passion to write when the night comes.

And again last night I thought about the blog, but had brought work home with me, and thought I would do some of that first, then blog. Needless to say I forgot about blogging when 2 a.m. rolled around.

If I hadn't missed a night, and don't go out of town next weekend, I could have finished 40 blogs by the start of Memorial Day weekend. At this point, however, it will take until Memorial Day, at the earliest, to finish my 40 blogs. We usually head home on Sunday, so that means I should be able to blog on Sunday night. By then I'll probably be five behind 40.

This spring will be our 20th annual spring camping trip. If you would have told me back in 1990 that I'd be camping with JayHawk, German Bear and Doug 19 years later, I'm not sure I would have believed it.

Obviously there's no reason I would have thought about where I'd be in 19 years, but had I done so, I never would have imagined that four of us would be getting together all these years later, or that I'd be the only person to make it for all 20 trips.

So, when I'm sitting around a campfire two weeks from tonight, trying to stay awake, can I see myself sitting there for a 40th annual camping trip in 2029?

No.

No comments: